Senior Credit Risk Manager - Bank
(7+ years of experience)
An exciting new opportunity in an international Bank in Luxembourg.
You would join a team of experienced professionals to contribute to the overall success of the Bank as well as develop yourself professionally.
You would enjoy a stable and humane work environment, Banking Convention benefits, and a competitive package!
The position will report directly to the Head of Credit Risk.
- Review and analysis of credit proposal and preparation of recommendations to credit committees.
- The key point of contact for Group credit risk on the ground in regards to the transaction in- question and other credit risk matters. This alignment is crucial to ensure their buy-in and support of the credit risk analysis and advice prepared by the local credit risk team.
- Formulation and regular update of credit appetite per industry, type of credit product, country and client group.
- Early engagement in the structuring of complex transactions, part of the deal team as a senior credit risk partner.
- Engagement and interaction with Group credit risk to ensure common understanding and view of the second line of defence over the transaction in question.
- Preparation of presentations to internal and external stakeholders over credit risk matters
- Review and development of credit risk scenarios, undertaking stress tests, review and reporting on key credit risk indicators, validation of results, control over the process of calculation of ECL and communication with Finance.
- University degree in Finance, Economics, Mathematics or a related field.
- 7 to 10 years of related professional experience in a similar position at a leading international bank that has a significant presence in emerging markets.
- Result-driven with a good understanding of financial markets, business processes and controls.
- Experience beyond Risk Management - within credit structuring or sales.
- Sound understanding of credit risk analysis, including industry, business analysis, financial modelling, capital structure and loan/bond/documentary products / derivative products. Analysis of financial and loan documentation.
- Strong understanding of business processes, controls and banking products (including structured commodity and trade finance products & transactions).
- Sound knowledge of credit risk methodologies and credit risk rating models.
- Credit risk expertise – proficient in corporate credit analysis, experience with structured (commodity and trade finance, project and asset-based lending) and balance sheet corporate lending in emerging and developed markets.
- Experience with credit risk in derivatives, credit portfolio review, portfolio management, corporate restructuring, credit MIS, credit administration and control function in a large wholesale bank, the experience of formulating credit appetite per industry, country and transaction type.
- Experience with EU banking regulation concerning credit risk management aspects.
- Prior experience with the CEEMEA markets would be an advantage.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to select strong arguments when challenged.
- Analytical skills, risk awareness and solution-oriented mindset.
- Ability to succinctly communicate with and present credit risk matters to the peers on the credit side and the senior stakeholders.
- Knowledge of core banking systems is a plus.
- PC literacy. Working experience in Bloomberg and Reuters. Knowledge of Avaloq application is an advantage.
- Fluency in English is mandatory other relevant languages would be considered an advantage
If you believe that this could be the right opportunity for your career advancement. Please send your CV to email@example.com to be considered for this opportunity. Your application will be treated with the utmost discretion.