Head of Anti-Financial Crime & MLRO
As Head of Anti-Financial Crime (AFC) you will be responsible for developing, implementing and managing the delivery of Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Counter-Terrorist Financing (CTF) related processes at group level. You will be working closely with the Compliance team to align, design and develop effective policies, procedures and training. The role also includes responsibility for MLRO and compliance duties in Luxembourg. You will report to the Global Director of Legal and Compliance and be a principal contact to the CSSF and other Luxembourgish supervisory agencies. You and your team of AML specialists will be responsible for the global AML function supporting the business to ensure it is protected from AML risk and managing communications with external parties such as banks, supervisory authorities and law enforcement agencies. You will actively support and contribute to foster a compliance culture, collaborative environment and a solution-oriented approach to dealing with AML and compliance issues as they arise.
• Lead and manage a team of AML specialists and implement training to develop AML compliance knowledge and on-going education across the business
• Carry out MLRO and compliance duties in Luxembourg, including working with the CSSF
• Lead and manage the execution of AML/CTF and sanctions programs for clients including coordinating investigations
• Provide subject matter expertise, training and outreach to the business functions in order to continually educate staff on AML/CTF and sanctions risks, issues and processes
• Conduct AML/CTF assessments of new products and services to identify and mitigate risks
• Participate in the management and ongoing enhancement and development of the Global AML/CTF and Sanctions policies and procedures as necessary
• Administer non-compliance measures if required including suspending and termination of clients
• Support internal and external audits and regulatory requests, ensure satisfactory resolution of any audit findings and recommendations
• Oversee and review annual AML risk assessments to ensure the necessary actions arising from it are completed
• Manage compliance responsibilities as they arise for Luxembourg including regulatory reporting obligations and ensuring that the Luxembourg business is in compliance with company policy.
• Have five or more years of experience leading a compliance function in Luxembourg
• Have excellent knowledge of e-money and payment institution business models
• Are approved individual by a financial regulatory body
• Experience with the CSSF and/or other national competent authorities
• A results-oriented approach and possess an ability to work through to a conclusion under tight deadlines
• Skills managing teams and being able to deliver high performance on complex projects and across multiple geographies
• Excellent written and verbal business communication skills
• A solid team player approach that aligns internally at each opportunity
• Fluency in English; French and/or German is also useful
• A membership of ALCO is a plus
Could this be the right opportunity for you? Please do not hesitate to send your CV to Andrew Notter email@example.com to be considered for this recruitment process. Your application will be treated with the utmost discretion.
We take your privacy as our utmost concern and we manage your data with highest degree of confidentiality.