Title: Senior Associate in Operational Risk Management
Reporting to the Conducting Officer overseeing Risk Management in a prominent financial institution, this role has been created to enhance the capabilities of the existing team. We are currently seeking a Senior Associate to execute operational risk strategies within the business operations domain. As a valued member of the team, you will play a key role in ensuring that operational and business risks are effectively managed.
This position offers a unique opportunity to engage in various risk areas, encompassing operational risk, IT risk management, project governance, and investment risk. Collaborating with different facets of the business will provide you with a chance to gain cross-functional experience and enhance your knowledge in critical risk domains.
- Support operational risk programs, covering aspects such as privacy, third-party due diligence, end-user computing solutions, regulatory requirements, insurance risk management, records management, and business continuity.
- Execute all facets of the Operational Risk Management Framework, including facilitating Risk and Control Self Assessments, documenting top risks and controls, developing action plans to address control gaps, and providing effective challenges to control adequacy.
- Analyze and report operational risk events, identify root causes of control breakdowns, develop remediation plans, and conduct scenario analysis reviews.
- Contribute to the implementation, documentation, and review of the risk management framework and policies in the European context.
- Establish and maintain relationships with Risk Functions, as well as Real Estate Businesses and Functional Leaders, including internal audit, legal, compliance, and operations.
- Support the Conducting Officer of Risk by:
- Updating the risk management database.
- Ensuring fund risk exposures align with the Fund Risk Profile and investment restrictions.
- Updating risk reports and conducting stress tests (market and liquidity).
- Preparing reports for senior management and reviewing minutes.
- Handling ad-hoc risk-related projects and contributing to the preparation of sustainability (ESG) risk reports.
- Possess a minimum Bachelor’s degree from a Business School or University, preferably with a specialization in Risk, Finance, Accounting, or Economics.
- Accumulate 3-5 years of relevant work experience in risk management, audit, or a similar function within institutional asset management or consulting.
- Demonstrate self-starting and highly motivated qualities, with the ability to work independently and a keen interest in continuous learning.
- Exhibit strong interpersonal skills, a collaborative mindset, and the ability to interact professionally with various internal and external stakeholders.
- Showcase excellent writing, interpersonal, and communication skills, with the ability to effectively summarize and communicate complex issues orally and in writing.
- Possess strong proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required), with experience in Visio, considered a plus.
- Demonstrate clear and strong English verbal and written communication skills.
Could this be the right opportunity for you? Please do not hesitate to send your CV to Agnieszka Parisse at email@example.com to be considered for this recruitment process. Your application will be treated with the utmost discretion.
We take your privacy as our utmost concern, and we manage your data with the highest degree of confidentiality.