This is an exciting new position to reinforce the legal team of a premium international alternative asset management company. As part of the Luxembourg Company Secretarial Team, the position will report to the Director, Legal & Regulatory, and work closely with the Legal Team, Finance Team, and the other stakeholders.
You will carry out company secretarial activities and participate in managing complex legal transactions. You will enjoy an international work environment.
In Luxembourg, the office is ideally located in the city centre and easily reachable by public transport.
- Ensuring efficient day to day administration/ operation of all companies managed by the Luxembourg office (full investment cycle – managing incorporations, restructuring, and liquidations)
- Preparing Board papers, understanding of matters to be discussed, attendance at Board meetings, being a source of information and support to Board members with strong minutes taking and drafting skills
- Drafting and or review of internal financing documents (IFL, IBL, S115 contributions etc)
- Responsible for timely responses to audit queries and the organization of annual accounts approvals and filings
- Producing structure charts and ensuring that the AML/KYC procedures are duly respected as well as taking care in responding to AML/KYC compliance queries from lenders, banks and other service providers
- Actively supporting the company’s investments and capital markets teams in the execution of individual or portfolio company transactions, e.g. acquisitions, disposals, financings etc.
- Reviewing accuracy of documents before presentation for signature to the Board or third parties
Organizational, management and support (including administrative tasks):
- Managing 1-2 junior team members (ensuring their growth and development by providing guidance and direction)
- Ensuring effective communication and coordination with the finance team
- Maintaining the document database, ensuring that all the books are kept team up to date and organized
- University degree in Law or ICSA qualified.
- Minimum of 8- 10 years’ professional experience in the legal/company secretarial space in Luxembourg
- Minimum of 4-6 years in a proven team managerial position
- Good knowledge and understanding of Luxembourg corporate Law and governance
- Good knowledge and understanding of real estate holding structures and vehicles
- Fluency in English is mandatory, any other language is considered an asset
- Good experience in coordinating with stakeholders e.g. Legal advisors and financial advisors
- Transaction execution experience will be considered as an advantage
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Positive / hands-on and collaborative attitude and willingness to construct good working relationships with peers
- Flexibility and ability to handle pressure while ensuring timely response and delivery
- Excellent office skills (Excel, Word, Adobe, Outlook)
- Good experience in assisting with management of a team
On occasion, an offer of employment may be subject to a verification check. In this case a potential employer may ask you to provide documentation to support your application, this can include copies of educational achievements, international criminal record checks, reference checks, employment history etc.
Could this be the right opportunity for you? Please do not hesitate to send your CV to Valerie Potier firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for this recruitment process. Your application will be treated with the utmost discretion.
We take your privacy as our utmost concern and we manage your data with highest degree of confidentiality.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome candidates from all backgrounds to apply.