(Senior) Associate - Tax Advisory – PE House
This is an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly growing Private Equity / Venture Capital investor within a dynamic and multicultural work environment. The company opened its Luxembourg office 3 years ago and has since experienced steady growth while offering its employees a pleasant work atmosphere as well as development perspectives.
The office is conveniently located in the city center and is easily accessible by public transport.
Under the supervision of the Head of Tax and the Tax Manager assist in various workstreams including but not limited to:
- Review of the investment tax structuring papers for various deals (acquisitions/ refinancing/ add-ons/ divestments etc.) involving multiple jurisdiction (UK/ Luxembourg/ Germany/ Italy/ Spain etc.) from a tax/transfer pricing perspectives
- Review of the funds flows from a tax perspective (in particular, to ensure that numbers correctly follow the steps/comments as per the tax structuring papers)
- Analyse of the structures from the ATAD I, II perspective and spotting the issues, where applicable
- Analyse activity of the Luxembourg companies from the ATAD III perspective as well as monitor the level of substance; • Monitor the DAC 6 implications of the transactions and filings (including liaising with the external advisors in this respect and keeping track of the reporting)
- Assist with review of the Luxembourg corporate tax returns prepared by the external advisors
- Review of the legal documents from a tax perspective (e.g. articles of association, SPAs) as well as development of the template tax wording for the legal documents
- Monitor the transfer pricing requirements at the level of Luxembourg companies and liaise with the external tax advisors to ensure that all the required analysis/documentation is provided
- Assist with coordination of the external tax advisors for all the tax related points (including various deals and activity of the Luxembourg companies)
- Prepare the tax package materials for the board
- Develop/prepare of the various checklists to monitor all the tax related points of the deals (e.g. deals tax checklist, DAC 6 checklist)
- Maintain the tax archives (covering all the tax workstreams on deal-by-deal basis and related to Luxembourg companies)
- Assist with tracking of all the companies´ records (e.g. tax advances/ tax assessments/ tax returns)
- Assist with implementation and use of software (Anaplan) to track the tax related workstreams
- Support in dealing with various ad-hoc tax queries.
- 3-4 years of relevant working experience in international corporate taxation (e.g. Big 4 companies or leading law firms)
- Working experience in private equity industry is a plus
- CSL diploma in Luxembourg taxation is a plus
- Post-graduate tax qualification is a plus (e.g. ADIT)
- Good understanding of the accounting principles
- Fluency in English (knowledge of French is a plus)
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Pro-active and independent with problem-solving mind
- Ability to work within deadlines.
On occasion, an offer of employment may be subject to a verification check. In this case a potential employer may ask you to provide documentation to support your application, this can include copies of educational achievements, international criminal record checks, reference checks, employment history etc.
Could this be the right opportunity for you? Please do not hesitate to send your CV to Aude François email@example.com to be considered for this recruitment process.