Tax Officer – Alternative Asset Manager
Following the growth of the business activity, a newly-created role of Tax Officer has arisen in the Fund Management & Operations team of this international alternative investment company. The firm is one of the market leaders in the sector of Private Equity and Private Debt investments and has established a solid reputation in the sector.
The company cares for their employees and offers a flexible work environment, combining work from home and flexible working hours in brand new, spacious and modern offices, conveniently located and easily accessible in Kirchberg (close to the European Parliament).
- Oversee the completion of financing instruments for the Luxembourg entities
- Oversee all fund tax reporting matters for our international investment funds, including all tax compliance
- Coordinate review of tax deliverables for direct and indirect tax provided by a variety of external service providers
- Responsible for ensuring the proper and up-to-date local or international tax documentation and tax filings
- Review transaction documents involving Luxembourg entities from a tax perspective, as needed
- Monitoring tax regulatory changes that may impact Luxembourg entities and assist with analysis of the impact on the business activity
- Coordinate processes around tax matters relevant to credit entities, such as cross-border WHT, periodic review of capitalisation within consolidation perimeter, periodic review of TP reports, as applicable
- Oversee the VAT compliance and assist with VAT queries in connection with the Luxembourg entities, as applicable
- Oversee the corporate tax compliance and assist with related queries in connection with the Luxembourg entities, as applicable
- Oversee FATCA/CRS matters and Luxembourg tax compliance requirements in the area of income taxes
- Expected interactions with the AIFM, the Investor Advisors, tax colleagues from other offices, outside tax consultants and regulatory authorities on an ongoing basis
- Provide tax input on a variety of ongoing projects related to day to day activities of Luxembourg
- Assistance on daily Fund Management and Operations workstreams (include fund reporting, banking, deals, AML/KYC..)
- Expected participation in the Group led working group on relevant projects and initiatives, as applicable
- Approximately 3 to 4 years of relevant experience in tax advisory in the alternative investments in a Big 4, tax advisor or other service provider
- Experience with tax requirements in Luxembourg for different type of entities
- Experience in preparing and reviewing funds flows and good knowledge of accounting principles. This includes understanding the impact of the operations on the accounts of entities involved and ability to read and understand accounting forecast.
- Knowledge of investor reporting in different jurisdictions (Luxembourg, UK, Germany, US..) is a plus
- Knowledge of FATCA/CRS reporting and obligations
- Fluent English is required, knowledge of French is a plus and additional European language is advantageous
- Good organisational skills, structured mind, efficient with attention to details
- Flexible and able to prioritise and work under pressure. Proactive, hands-on approach and team-orientated whilst still being able to work independently
On occasion, an offer of employment may be subject to a verification check. In this case a potential employer may ask you to provide documentation to support your application, this can include copies of educational achievements, international criminal record checks, reference checks, employment history etc.
Could this be the right opportunity for you? Please do not hesitate to send your CV to Aude François email@example.com to be considered for this recruitment process.