This is an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly growing Private Equity / Venture Capital investor within a dynamic and multicultural work environment. The company opened its Luxembourg office almost 3 years ago, conveniently located in the city center, and has since experienced steady growth while offering its employees a pleasant work atmosphere as well as development perspectives. This role of Fund Accountant reporting to the Head of Tax / Fund Accounting Manager is an opportunity to enter the foreseen growth of the firm in an early stage.
- Maintain and/or review monthly management accounts and supporting schedules for the management company and investment-related entities.
- Review all invoices relating to the management company and investment-related entities.
- Review the payment process and cash flow management of investment-related entities.
- Tracking and updating Interest-Free Loans as they relate to investment-related entities.
- Manage Interest Bearing Loan schedules and ensure they are being correctly accounted for by the administrator, consider transfer pricing updates on a yearly basis.
- Review annual financial statements and supporting schedules for the management company and investment-related entities.
- Work alongside the tax manager and administrator to ensure tax & VAT accruals are correctly accounted for in the annual financials.
- Understand how the fund structure operates, including structuring, cash flow, accounting, taxation, and reporting.
- Assist with the general operation of the funds and management companies in Luxembourg.
- Working towards continuous enhancement of internal policies and procedures.
- Manage tax-related tasks as assigned on an ad-hoc basis.
- Any other ad-hoc responsibilities as required by the wider team in Luxembourg and London.
- Holder of a university degree in accounting.
- Ideally 2-5 years of experience in financial services, preferably related to audit and/or alternative investment funds /private equity funds in Luxembourg.
- Technical understanding of Lux GAAP and IFRS.
- Technical understanding of the Luxembourg Tax (including VAT, Corporate Tax, and NWT).
- Exceptional aptitude to critically assess, develop, implement, and document new systems, processes, and policies.
- Willingness to learn and develop into new areas of the private equity business model in Luxembourg.
- Attention to detail and self-review.
- Strong aptitude, self-starter, ability to think on feet, prioritize workload, work under pressure, enthusiastic approach.
- Ability to perform standard fund accounting functions within Luxembourg e.g., tax accounting, multicurrency calculations, monthly account preparation, and cash flow modelling.
- Fluent in English with a good level in French while any other European languages like Dutch; Spanish or German would be advantageous.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook).
Could this be the right opportunity for you? Please do not hesitate to send your CV to Agnieszka Parisse firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for this recruitment process.
We are an equal opportunity recruitment firm and welcome candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
On occasion, an offer of employment may be subject to a verification check. In this case, a potential employer may ask you to provide documentation to support your application, this can include copies of educational achievements, international criminal record checks, reference checks, employment history, etc.