Conducting Officer, Senior Financial Crime Compliance Manager – MLRO for Luxembourg
An excellent opportunity to join a leading independent global asset manager which supports
individual and institutional investors across a range of products including, equities, fixed income,
multi-asset and alternatives. The Risk and Compliance function forms the second line of defence in
the firm’s global risk management framework and champions a culture of risk and compliance
throughout the organisation. The function effectively partners with the business to ensure that
everyone complies with the external regulatory requirements and expectations, and internal policies
and procedures so that they can deliver to their clients. You will work to keep the firm abreast of all
regulatory obligations, changes and developments within a rapidly changing regulatory landscape, as
well being a trusted adviser on financial, operational and regulatory risks and the controls that are in
place to mitigate against these.
• MLRO and for the funds domiciled in Luxembourg.
• Conducting Officer responsible for AML/CTF matters.
• Lead the provision of advice and guidance to the business on technical AML compliance
queries as they arise.
• Advise its stakeholders on Financial Crime risks and support the implementation of adequate
and proportioned controls aimed at the prevention of money-laundering, terrorism
financing, fraud, economic sanctions breaches and other financial crime in compliance with
local rules and regulation as well as group policies.
• Develop and maintain a robust AML-CTF framework and ensure the drafting and
implementation of consistent policies and procedures, in coordination with Financial Crime
Compliance at Group level.
• Proactively identify, assess and ensure implementation of new regulatory developments;
provide timely summary reports for internal stakeholders, including senior management.
• Provide appropriate reporting to governance bodies, including management committee and
• Lead the oversight of outsourced AML-CTF activities including developing and maintaining
productive working relationships with third party transfer agents.
• Work together with the TA oversight function (AML Operations) in relation to AML-CTF
• Develop a thorough understanding of our distribution channels and provide advice to
internal stakeholders in relation to their oversight from an AML-CFT and other financial crime
• Be responsible for FCC-related communications, reports and notifications to the different
Regulators (including relevant AML questionnaires), SARs reporting to Cellule de
Renseignement Financier (CRF) and STR to the Garda National Economic Crime Bureau
(GNECB), and other relevant authorities.
• Ensure compliance with financial crime regulatory obligations at the level of the business and
of its branches in the EU, while fostering an appropriate AML-CFT culture.
• Ensure that AML-CTF matters and possible issues are addressed appropriately and efficiently,
and any remedial actions are swiftly and correctly implemented.
• Ensure that relevant statutory authorities are informed of suspicious activities on a timely
• Ensure appropriate anti money laundering procedures and policies are in place, in
coordination with FCC at Group level.
• Carry out high profile/sensitive investigations as appropriate.
• Lead AML-CFT projects directly impacting funds managed.
• Support the Global Financial Crime Compliance team on projects and information requests as
• Ensure that all staff (including staff in branches) receive regular and up to date training on
financial crime risks.
• Supervisory responsibilities
• Proven career in AML-CFT/Financial Crime, Compliance with in-depth knowledge of related
regulatory requirements and market practice, particularly in Luxembourg.
• Proven experience in dealing with Regulators (including in relation to on-site visits, requests
• Excellent working knowledge of investment funds and products, including segregated
• Previous experience of working with regulatory and business change projects, ideally
including digital transformation ones
• Committed team player with a collaborative approach
• Ability to work closely and add value within wider Risk and Compliance function
• Excellent business awareness and ability to offer advice and provide solutions within the
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and oral, with the ability to
communicate effectively at all levels with internal and external stakeholders
• Ability to build and maintain relationships internally and externally and manage
stakeholders, especially at senior level
• Excellent planning, organizational and prioritization skills
• Ability to meet tight deadlines and work in a pressurized environment
• Self-starter with a “can do” attitude
• Fluent written and spoken English required; other European languages constitute an
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office
Could this be the right opportunity for you? Please do not hesitate to send your CV to Andrew Notter
email@example.com to be considered for this recruitment process. Your application
will be treated with the utmost discretion.
We take your privacy as our utmost concern and we manage your data with highest degree of