European Sales Manager: Funds Industry
A great opportunity to join an innovative, dynamic, and fast-moving company who are developing
new ways to automate and digitalise the global investment funds marketplace.
You will be responsible for supporting the European Business Development efforts to grow profitable
revenues with a portfolio of clients and prospects and having overall accountability for the execution
of the client strategy. You will have a proven and successful track record of winning new business
across Europe with complex clients within the funds industry. You will be ambitious to use this
experience with a company that is expanding rapidly, has an outstanding reputation in the industry
and who will support you to develop your career and success as they grow globally.
High Level Objectives
• Seek opportunities for growth through cross & upsell within the portfolio.
• Work in partnership with internal teams to become our clients’ trusted business
• Contribute to building the International brand.
• In conjunction with the Head of European Sales & Relationship Management and Sales
Directors, develop new relationships with prospective clients in specific markets
Key Responsibilities: External
• Act as key contact point for ‘day to day’ communication.
• Ensure the client receives the highest level of responsiveness.
• Strategically profile with clients, well ahead of a proposal/decision date.
• Achieve good understanding of each client’s strategic priorities, goals, challenges and
their expectations from a service provider.
• Connect across the decision and influence centres within the client organization and seek
to understand the political landscape in the client organisation.
• Deploy executives in a senior coverage capacity to enhance C-level connectivity where
• Understand our client specific competitive landscape and implement competitor
• Maximise the impact to clients of thought leadership/industry insights.
• Seek to create a tangible client specific value proposition that is compelling &
• Work with internal partners to successfully conclude contract negotiations.
• Ensure smooth and efficient client on-boarding, working closely with both internal and
external stakeholders to ensure the service ramps up as efficiently as possible.
• Identify and manage opportunities for networking across different industry groups to
support the interests of customers.
Key Responsibilities – Internal
• Ensure speedy escalation and resolution of any client queries.
• Build & maintain concise Client Profiles to drive a client or deal review where appropriate
key executives and management.
• Accountable as the lead on the specific client strategy engaging key internal stakeholders
• Accountable for the quality, accuracy & timeliness of defined client data on Salesforce.
• Provide accurate revenue forecasts monthly and annually.
• Develop strong and open working relationships with all internal stakeholders including
Management, Sales & RM, Operations, Client Delivery, Marketing, Legal, Finance &
• Provide up to date product and industry knowledge as well as organisational updates.
• Analyse industry news, data & trends to establish market position.
• Execute sales & client strategies in line with our methodology and process.
Required Knowledge & Experience:
• Proven track record in servicing complex clients within the funds industry.
• Track record of managing and servicing client relationships in partnership with multiple
internal stakeholders to ensure delivery of operational & service excellence.
• A good understanding of the funds industry, fund trading and the role and strategic
objectives of industry participants, such as distributors, fund managers, service
providers, custodians, market structures and regulatory framework.
• Candidates should speak fluent English. Fluency in other European languages would be
• Strong relationship builder and the ability to find and close new business.
• Clear focus and organisational capabilities.
• Good communicator with the ability and personal impact to influence the key decision
• Entrepreneurial in spirit but works with and advocates corporate discipline.
• Ability to provide demos for all live products and services.
• Technical expertise/knowledge of the internal system, products and services.
• An individual who always operates with a high level of honesty and integrity.
• Articulate and able to communicate well in written and spoken English, additional
language skills will be beneficial, but not essential.
• Good level of IT skills.
Could this be the right opportunity for you? Please do not hesitate to send your CV to Andrew
Notter: Andrew.firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for this recruitment process. Your
application will be treated with the utmost discretion.