Our client is a global industrial player with Headquarters in Luxembourg and operations in over 40 countries. They currently have an opening in their Luxembourg office for a Tax Specialist who will have a very good understanding of either German or Luxembourg's tax regulation or a combination of both. Our client values leadership, agility, and ingenuity.
Would you like to join an international environment and are currently looking for experience in tax management?
You will report directly to the Head of Tax and your mission will be to advise internal stakeholders to ensure the company complies with all direct tax rules and obligations in Germany. You will analyse, propose and implement optimizations and take lead in case of tax audits.
- You will be responsible for managing the tax affairs of the company in Germany.
- You will be steering the compliance process in close cooperation with external service providers and be responsible for analysing, presenting and implementing potential optimizations
- You will build and maintain relationships with internal (e.g. business operations, finance department, legal department) and external (e.g. tax administration, advisors, lawyers) stakeholders
- You will provide support and / or take the lead in case of tax audits in Germany
- You will supervise and ensure correct reporting of the quarterly tax line in Germany including the deferred tax position
- You will analyse and interpret changes in tax legislation in Germany and provide feedback and/or design action plans
- You have affinity with international taxation and are eager to assist and depending on experience and seniority, take the lead in designing and implementing group tax projects and support tax risk management initiatives
- You maintain and fine tune company’s CFC files in support of the Luxembourg CIT- return
- You maintain and fine tune company’s model to manage Luxembourg interest deduction limitation / exceeding borrowing costs
- You maintain and further develop company’s model supporting the use of the IP Box regime. You take initiative to improve company’s nexus
- You provide support in mapping, updating and drafting intra-group agreements
- You provide ad hoc support in the annual Luxembourg corporate income tax return filing process
- You prepare the quarterly/annual Luxembourg WHT- returns (dividends, director remunerations)
- You prepare the annual tax benchmark comparing company’s tax performance with its peers
- You have between 3 to 5 years successful experience in Big4, a major tax consulting firm or the tax department of a MNE
- Ideally graduated from University in Tax, Economics, Accounting, Finance and/or legal
- By preference you have a Luxembourg or German direct tax background or a combination of both
- You are a German speaker and fluent in English
- You are analytical and a creative problem solver. You are result oriented
- You have the experience of a cross-cultural environment and you enjoy it
Could this be the right opportunity for you? Please do not hesitate to send your CV to Pawel Galanty email@example.com to be considered for this recruitment process. Your application will be treated with the utmost discretion.
We take your privacy as our utmost concern, and we manage your data with highest degree of confidentiality.