Senior Associate Finance – Fund Controller
Our client is a leading global private equity and credit investor. You will be part of a stable team of motivated, friendly and experienced professionals dedicated to credit investments.
This role will report directly to the Finance Director in Luxembourg.
- Monthly NAV reporting of the Luxembourg Funds including but not limited to periodic reconciliation and review of cash, positions’ quantity and fair value, accruals/expenses and other significant balance sheet and P&L items on a timely manner, detailed check of accounting and NAV reports prepared by the external servicers
- Liaise with internal and external teams involve in the NAV reporting process and keen monitoring of the deliverable and closing timeline
- Assist in the quarterly regulatory and periodic investor-specific or other internal ad-hoc reporting including but not limited to the detailed check of the quarterly financials, partner’s capital statements, capital call notices, distribution notices and other reports, as may be requested
- Assist in the audit process including coordination with internal and external teams to facilitate quick turnaround of requests and active involvement in the resolution of accounting and audit issues as well as the preparation of relevant financial statements disclosures or highlights
- Perform monthly or quarterly reconciliation of Luxembourg books with the US-based accounting systems
- Assist in accounting and/or daily operations of portfolio of companies including invoice payment process, bookkeeping, and preparation of interim and annual financial statements following Lux GAAP and/or other international GAAP (e.g. US GAAP and IFRS)
- Monitor movements and balances of bank accounts of the portfolio companies, and assist the Portfolio and Operations teams for any cash transactions including soliciting proper approval and related follow ups
- Prepare agenda and convening notices as per instruction of the Finance Director/Manager and organize/set up and, if required, attend in the regular board meetings
- Maintain and keep up to date all Luxembourg companies’ information (RCS, Tax, etc.) including timely update of registers and upkeep of legal and accounting documents from internal and external teams
- Prepare (as the case maybe) corporate tax, withholding tax and VAT returns including calculations and ensure timely submission to the Luxembourg Tax authorities
- Carry out other tasks that may be required from time to time and provide administrative support to the Luxembourg Finance Director/Manager, as needed, including but not limited to: (i) incorporation process, (ii) funding and cash upstream process, (iii) gathering of closing documents and coordination of documents’ signing
- Note that there may be acceptance of board mandates depending on the need
- University degree in accounting, finance, or related degree
- Accounting qualification would be a plus
- Strong knowledge of Lux GAAP, US GAAP knowledge would be a plus
- 5 - 8+ years of accounting experience within the financial services industry; experience with a Big-4 firm is preferred
- Knowledge of alternative investment structures; experience in debt funds is a plus
- Excellent understanding of accounting and application of relevant company and tax rules
- Problem-solving, quick learner and strong analytical skills
- Strong Excel skills
- Knowledge in local and regulatory filings (RCS, Tax, BCL)
- Ability to work under deadlines and strategize in case of multiple projects
- Strong interpersonal skills with capacity to interact with outside parties and personnel across all levels of the firm
- Dedicated team player with a strong sense of ownership and follow-through skills
- Fluent in English; German language is a plus.
On occasion, an offer of employment may be subject to a verification check. In this case a potential employer may ask you to provide documentation to support your application, this can include copies of educational achievements, international criminal record checks, reference checks, employment history etc.
Could this be the right opportunity for you? Please do not hesitate to send your CV to Agnieszka Parisse email@example.com to be considered for this recruitment process. Your application will be treated with the utmost discretion.
We take your privacy as our utmost concern and we manage your data with highest degree of confidentiality.