Compliance Manager AIFM
An excellent opportunity to join a growing AIFM as Compliance Manager and develop your experience quickly to become a Conducting Officer.
You will be responsible for providing ongoing support to the Conducting Officer, in charge of Risk Management, the direct reporting line manager with Legal, Compliance and Company Secretarial matters.
The successful candidate will be part of the AIFM team located in Luxembourg and will play an essential role in creating value for our business by maintaining and strengthening our solid regulatory Compliance framework and acting in partnership with business units to support our Group strategy.
With the appropriate sensitivity and in-depth knowledge, the Compliance Manager will provide oversight across major REPE transactions of the investment business, providing clear, detailed and comprehensive analysis and reporting to the AIFM Managers, Head of Risk Europe and any associated oversight bodies.
You will engage with directors, key business stakeholders, international colleagues and local Authorities. The ability to engage and deliver on key risk initiatives is critically important.
- With commercial sense, being responsible for corporate governance of the AIFM, ensuring periodic review of CSSF policy/consultation documents and other regulatory developments.
- Ensure the AIFM is compliant with all relevant legislation, regulations and CSSF circulars.
- Research and manage regulatory upstream risks matters in Luxembourg and Europe, assessing the relevance and impact on the AIFM and the Group and managing the businesses readiness for change in regulations.
- Responsible for periodic review of the compliance policies and maintenance of procedures ensuring they comply with practices and obligations laid down in the AIFMD and make adjustments or recommendations as necessary.
- Provide general company secretarial support to the AIFM, take minutes at Board meeting and act as a liaison point with stakeholders.
- Oversee and administer all Financial Crime and data protection registrations and compliance requirements.
- Perform AML reviews including ML/FT risk assessments on the assets side/investments of the funds, assessment of fund initiators and present proactively the results and any significant impacts in extended details.
- Responsible for name matching control in relation to transactions; and compliance monitoring of the targeted financial sanctions lists, escalation, as appropriate, of ascertained “hit” to the MLRO Europe and preparation of the subsequent documentation.
- Ensure all periodic compliance regulatory reporting (CMP, MLRO & BOD Compliance reports) of the AIFM as well as all CSSF filings are completed accurately within the statutory time limits.
- Support the supervision and management of all delegates, performing ad-hoc due diligence and risk assessment reports.
- Support the Risk Manager with managing the risk management framework of the AIFM and specifically the operational risk registers of the AIFs.
- Assist the Conducting Officer with communications with the CSSF.
- Assist the Conducting Officer in managing the Internal Audit process.
- Assist the Conducting Officer with periodic reports to the Senior Managers and the Board of Directors of the AIFM.
- Organise compliance related external training sessions for the Senior Managers of the AIFM and ensure that staff (and Branch) have a clear understanding of the rules that apply to them and their work and the importance of complying with them.
- Ensure the safe storage of original company registers, minutes, documents and share certificates.
- Circulate company information schedules and structure charts to key stakeholders and external service providers
- Maintain up-to-date KYC on all AIFM directors, manage all KYC requests from external parties and in respect of the AIFM’s clients.
- Liaise with the European business to ensure compliance with applicable local data protection regulations in EU.
- Identify and assess professionally the Compliance Risk associated with future business activities, including new products, new business relationships and any extension of operations or network on an Eu level and escalate as appropriate.
- Pro-actively keep abreast of any AML-CTF laws and regulations development and organise regular follow-up trainings.
- Support any ad-hoc queries from UK Risk team, Australian, European Legal and Compliance teams or any other tasks entrusted to you by your Manager.
- With regards to the RC responsibility toward the CSSF
- Has sufficient AML/CFT knowledge and expertise with respect to the applicable Luxembourg legislation and regulations and can demonstrate it upon request,
- Is knowledgeable about the investments and AIFM distribution strategies,
- and will be available without delay upon request by the Luxembourg AML/CFT competent authorities, to present internal AIFM documents, systems and implemented tasks and controls.
- Strong educational background with a university degree in Law and/or Financial Regulation; preferably from any European jurisdictions
- At least 5-7 years’ experience in a similar role in another AIFM and international organisation with cross border deal experience
- Experience in compliance and company secretarial responsibilities in the financial sector in Luxembourg and possibly other jurisdictions
- Sound working knowledge of REPE transactional management, AML oversight & compliance monitoring.
- Extensive understanding of EU Marketing rules and fund Distribution regulations
- Knowledge of the regulatory framework applicable to Luxembourg funds (AIFMD/MIFID/EMIR/…)
- Knowledge of administration requirements and responsibilities of directors under Luxembourg law
Could this be the right opportunity for you? Please do not hesitate to send your CV to Andrew Notter firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for this recruitment process.
Your application will be treated with the utmost discretion.