Senior Accountant – Real Estate investment firm
Working with a variety of internal stakeholders (including Luxembourg legal and tax teams, UK Asset managers and US accounting teams), you will be in charge of regulated and unregulated real estate astructures. These fund and corporate structures can be complex and you will be responsible for processing transactions accurately and in accordance with strict deadlines and in line with various accounting principles (Lux GAAP, IFRS, UK and US GAAP). Reporting to an Accounting Manager, you will have responsibility for overseeing and thoroughly reviewing the work of 1-2 Financial Accountants.
You will be involved in the following tasks:
- Maintain general ledger for entities assigned to you and ensure completeness, accuracy and consistency of financial records.
- Prepare and reconcile inter-company accounts
- Ensure regular reporting requirements are completed both accurately and within deadlines
- Prepare financial statements and annual accounts for Lux based entities
- Understand accounting, tax and reporting implications of contracts and other legal documents including board minutes, loan agreements etc.
- Liaise with internal departments (tax, legal, AM & Acquisition team) to reconcile activity to the accounts, appropriate booking entries and promptly answer queries from US based fund accountants and auditors
- Ensure the proper upload in Yardi of external (including foreign) reporting packs together with the assistance of the financial accountant.
- Prepare VAT returns where applicable
- Verify the loan cards and book the related interests
- Notify auditors of potential audit issues, material transactions which occurred during the fiscal year, and any subsequent events;
- Prepare information and promptly answer queries for audits, as needed
- Preparation of Quarterly Sub-consolidations in LUXGAAP and USGAAP
- Statutory audit coordination and response to audit enquiries
- A degree in Accounting / Finance / Audit
- At least 5 years relevant experience (ideally with exposure to PE firms focused on real estate)
- Strong attention to detail.
- Dynamic attitude and international mindset
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Able to work in a team (from various background) and autonomously
- Ability to set priorities, be flexible and highly accurate
- Ability to manage multiple tasks while adhering to strict deadlines and producing quality work is essential
- Fluent English. French an advantage.
On occasion, an offer of employment may be subject to a verification check. In this case a potential employer may ask you to provide documentation to support your application, this can include copies of educational achievements, international criminal record checks, reference checks, employment history etc.
Could this be the right opportunity for you? Please do not hesitate to send your CV to Aude François email@example.com to be considered for this recruitment process.