Experienced Fund Controller – Real Estate
For a boutique office of a growing Real Estate investment firm (US headquartered) we are looking to recruit an Experienced Fund Controller RE who will be in charge for a distinct RE portfolio.
- Administer and review the bookkeeping (under Lux GAAP and IFRS) of the fund, the management company and the respective Special Purpose Vehicles (“SPVs”) in close collaboration with the external service providers.
- Prepare and maintain capital calls and distribution waterfalls (distribution calculations).
- Coordination of the payments, assisting in the daily administration, including supporting and managing day to day accounting transactions and reconciliation with bank positions.
- Coordination of the invoicing process, collection of receivables and maintenance of cash-flow files and general administration support of both the Luxembourg SPVs as well as the international SPVs, namely to be responsible for the coordination of the international payments, collection of rent and service charges.
- Supervise and review the VAT and Tax returns with the support of the local service providers.
- Liaise with auditors, lawyers, tax advisors and accounting service providers in Luxembourg as well as in several international jurisdictions.
- Assist with the cash-flow files and general administration of the international SPVs.
- University degree in Finance, Accounting or equivalent
- 5 to 8 years of experience in a similar role with a Real Estate investor, public accounting firm or a trust company
- Consolidation experience under IFRS (able to prepare a simple consolidation)
- VAT experience (review and approval of monthly VAT returns)
- Strong technical accounting skills and ability to deal with new complex products.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is essential.
- Strong communication skills to communicate effectively with the local team as well as with both the US team and local service providers.
- Excellent level of English (written and verbal)
- Strong excel skills
On occasion, an offer of employment may be subject to a verification check. In this case a potential employer may ask you to provide documentation to support your application, this can include copies of educational achievements, international criminal record checks, reference checks, employment history etc.
Could this be the right opportunity for you? Please do not hesitate to send your CV to Agnieszka Parisse firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for this recruitment process. Your application will be treated with the utmost discretion.
We take your privacy as our utmost concern and we manage your data with highest degree of confidentiality.