Fund Controller – Alternative Asset Investment Manager
Our client is an alternative asset investment manager which manages three Pan-European Real Estate Funds. We are looking for an exceptional Fund Controller who will join the finance team consisting of four other individuals based in London and Malta. Another Fund Accountant will join the Luxembourg office as well. We are looking for a Fund Controller who will be happy to work in small office consisting of 2 people locally, with daily contacts with colleagues based abroad.
Reporting directly to the Finance Director (based in London), your responsibilities will include:
- Financial Reporting, Accounting & Tax Compliance:
- Coordinating, overseeing and maintaining all accounting and financial aspects of the Luxembourg holding companies & their respective subsidiaries, including working with our local operating partners, third party accountants/administrators, auditors and internal investor reporting group in the preparation of quarterly financials, year-end consolidated and local audited accounts, tax returns and various investor reports;
- Preparing and maintaining accounts for two Luxembourg entities within the Funds;
- Oversight of tax return preparation, payments and provisions for all Luxembourg entities & subsidiaries in local jurisdictions including CIT, MBT, NWT, VAT, WHT, 3% returns.
- Structure capitalisation and distributions & management of the liquidity of the Funds;
- Acting as a Director on all Luxembourg entity Boards;
- Completing all company secretarial tasks for the two Luxembourg entities managed in house, such as preparing Board minutes, resolutions, arranging signing of documents, etc.;
- Preparation of quarterly and ad-hoc distribution workings for respective deals;
- Debt management of back-to-back shareholder loans and tracking loans, including review of all tracking loan calculations;
- Working with the acquisition and asset management team on the maintenance of investment budgets and cash flows, various projects and ad-hoc queries;
- Overseeing quarterly Board meetings process, including preparation of Board packs, coordination of meetings and review of minutes.
- Assisting in tax structuring of transactions (including acquisitions, restructuring, disposals);
- Assisting in supporting transaction execution, in particular those of a corporate nature, from a tax and finance standpoint.
- Ideally a fully Qualified Chartered Accountant (i.e. ACCA or equivalent);
- Approx. 8 to 10 years of experience in Real Estate, including at least 2 years gained in a real estate Fund/Investment Manager or similar;
- Ideally is fluent in either French, Portugese and Spanish but not required. Must be fluent in English.
- Good understanding of pan-European Fund structures;
- Technically strong with working knowledge of various European GAAPs, specifically Lux GAAP;
- Attention to detail and self-review;
- Strong aptitude, self-starter, ability to think on feet, prioritise workload, work under pressure, enthusiastic approach;
- Ability to problem solve through rigorous analytical approach;
- Strong communicator and ability to manage multiple service provider teams in various European locations;
- Excellent excel skills.
Could this be the right opportunity for you? Please do not hesitate to send your CV to Aude François email@example.com to be considered for this recruitment process.