An excellent opportunity to join a global investment house which focus on asset management for private clients, active asset management and tailor-made investment solutions. They encourage an agile way of working at the same time will continue to grow their Luxembourg operation. You will utilise your extensive AML/CFT experience as a Compliance Officer appointed RC towards to CSSF, where you will advise and report monthly to the ManCo Executive Committee and quarterly to the ManCo and the managed Funds Boards on any identified issues, deficiencies or irregularities with respect to activities and operations relating to AML/CTF.
- Responsible for the AML/CFT aspects of the Manco and the managed Funds.
- Act as the day-to-day contact for any escalation of AML/CFT related issues from the Manco and the managed Funds.
- Assist the ManCo and the managed Funds Boards in defining appropriate categorisations in terms of AML-CFT framework, risk appetite, risk assessment, and remediation plans
- Based on regular control monitoring, verify and ensures that the ManCo and its managed Funds comply with 1) the legal and regulatory AML/CFT obligations, 2) their respective AML/CFT policies and 3) the risk appetite and risk assessment defined by the ManCo and managed Fund Boards
- Provide AML/CFT regulatory updates and review ManCo and managed Funds policies when required, and ensure their implementation
- Is involved in the acceptance process of High-risk investors and the review of such relationships, together with the First Line of Defence (Transfer Agent Oversight team at ManCo level)
- Act as an advisor and support the ManCo First line of Defence on technical questions (e.g. provide advice related to PEPs approval following escalation and other high-risk situations)
- Cooperate with and act as central contact towards the competent authorities for issues related to AML/CFT - including the State Prosecutor’s office to the Luxembourg district court in case of enquiries and on-site visits
- Advise and report monthly to the ManCo Executive Committee and quarterly to the ManCo and the managed Funds Boards on any identified issues, deficiencies or irregularities with respect to activities and operations relating to AML/CTF - Review suspicious transactions, advise the Responsible of the Respect of professional AML/CFT obligations (“RR”) regarding the filing of suspicious transaction reports, prepare the report of review, maintain the registration with the FIU's go AML Web application and file the report through the FIU's go AML Web application as per CSSF Circular 18/698, prepare at least once a year, a written AML/CFT report and a Risk Assessment (in accordance with CSSF Circular 11/529), to be addressed to the RR and the ManCo Board of Directors. This report is then submitted to the CSSF
- Design the AML/CFT program of training and awareness of the ManCo staff and ensure implementation, including providing in-person training
- Extensive experience (12-15 years plus) as AML/CFT expert demonstrating strong professional experience and knowledge of the Luxembourg and European legal and regulatory, including the requirements set out in CSSF Circular 18/698 in Asset Management and/or Investment Fund business
- Very strong knowledge of the activity of UCITS Funds and AIFs
- Knowledgeable about the investments and distribution strategies of funds / type of products offered by ManCo.
- Able to engage good working relationships with a range of stakeholders including sales, clients, investors, and external service providers
- Good team player
- Analytical, rigorous, and committed
- Fluent or Native in French and English, German recommended
- University or similar educational background focused on finance or economics.