Conducting Officer: Portfolio Management Oversight
An excellent opportunity to join a global and leading prestigious investment firm who focus on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity funds on a global basis. The company is growing rapidly as it continues to expand its product offerings and increase AUM globally. They are also licensed to manage separately managed accounts (SMAs) and provide investment advisory services.
The primary function of the role is to oversee the portfolio management activities that are delegated to the US Advisors. The successful candidate will be part of the senior management team reporting to the Board of Managers of (Board).
Portfolio Management Oversight
- Be the key point of contact with the CSSF for portfolio management related matters
- Perform oversight of the delegated portfolio management activities
- Oversee and participate, where applicable, in initial and periodic due diligence activities on the Delegates
- Oversee and participate, where applicable, in the ongoing monitoring activities on the Delegates
- Analyse reports received from the portfolio managers of each delegate
- Oversee investment activities by attendance in investment committee meetings and other related forums
- Collaborate with the internal Risk Control function
- Collaborate with the Risk Management and the Valuation teams
- Report to the Management Committee, the Board, and related fund boards
- Maintain and update the policies and procedures relating to portfolio management
- Manage 1 – 2 team members initially
Conducting Officer Responsibilities
- Member of the Management Committee and report to the Board and of the AIFs’ Fund Boards.
- Participate in the governance process and the overall supervision of the AIFM’s activities including, without limitation, to organise and participate in the meetings of Management Committee of the AIFM
- Participate and / or lead ad hoc projects or initiatives concerning the AIFM
- New business coordinator: Oversee new business onboarding at vis-à-vis the Management Committee and the Board, represent the company in project calls, be the key point of contact, review relevant onboarding documentation, where applicable
Qualifications and Experience:
- University degree in finance and / or other professional qualifications relevant to the role
- 7+ experience in finance with a focus on investment funds and ideally alternative investment strategies
- Prior Management and Conducting Officer experience preferred
- Good product knowledge of various alternative asset classes
- Good understanding of the regulatory fund environment in Luxembourg
- Previous experience in portfolio management and audit preferred
- Organised working method and solution-oriented attitude required
- Strong attention to detail and accountability for delivery
- Ability to take initiative and work collaboratively with colleagues at all levels in the wider group in different jurisdictions
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English required
Could this be the right opportunity for you? Please do not hesitate to send your CV to Andrew Notter email@example.com to be considered for this recruitment process. Your application will be treated with the utmost discretion.
We take your privacy as our utmost concern and we manage your data with highest degree of confidentiality.