Senior Legal and Corporate Officer - AIFM
Our client is one of the major players in the real estate investment market across Europe and is also an authorized alternative investment fund manager for several real estate funds in Luxembourg.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a top-tier AWesome employer and gain a great valuable experience!
- You are in charge of the legal and corporate aspects of the daily administration of Luxembourg real estate investment funds under management of the AIFM and you monitor and/or realize operations of acquisitions/disposals of properties in Europe, mergers, liquidations of companies, drafting of legal and corporate documentation
- You liaise with legal advisors for drafting of the Funds’ legal documentation (prospectus, subscription agreements, shareholders agreements, etc.)
- You are in charge of organizing and recording Board of Directors’ and shareholders’ meetings, ensuring that all regulatory and legal filings are carried out within the deadlines, updating and maintaining the corporate records of the funds and companies under management of the AIFM
- You provide support to the Board of Directors of the AIFM and the Conducting Officers and ensure that the statutory duties imposed on the company and its Directors under the Luxembourg laws are effectively discharged
- You assist the Head of Legal & Corporate Services in developing principles of good corporate governance and codes of best practices
- You manage relationships and maintain strong links with other group entities, regulators, auditors, lawyers, notaries, service providers and control their work where necessary
- University Degree in Law
- Approximately 3 to 6 years’ experience in the Luxembourg fund industry, preferably in management companies, law firms or real estate funds central administrators
- An experience with real estate investments and structures is preferred
- Fluent written and spoken English. The knowledge of French or another European language is considered as an asset
- Strong knowledge of Luxembourg funds’ law, AIFMD and company law
- Good knowledge of EU regulations applicable to EU AIFMs focused on real estate funds
- General knowledge of tax principles
- Demonstrable knowledge of compliance
- Team player with excellent communication skills, you also like to work in an international environment
- Analytical and problem-solving attitude
- Desire to provide a superior internal and external client service
- Well organised with ability to prioritize and used to working under tight deadlines
- Initiative to constantly improve processes and good understanding of operational controls framework
- Hard worker, motivated, open to change, quick learner and innovator.
On occasion, an offer of employment may be subject to a verification check. In this case a potential employer may ask you to provide documentation to support your application, this can include copies of educational achievements, international criminal record checks, reference checks, employment history etc.
Could this be the right opportunity for you? Please do not hesitate to send your CV to Aude François firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for this recruitment process.