Senior Legal Counsel (Private Bank)
Senior Banking & Capital Markets Qualified Lawyer with Luxembourg experience
- In-house financial services company (Bank, MFO, Wealth Management Firm) based in Luxembourg or,
- Top Tier Law Firm with experience in private banking
- Provide good quality legal advice on a broad range of topics to enable Bank to identify, manage and report legal risk.
- Proactively engage with stakeholders to demonstrate the value add of having a lawyer involved early with key matters concerning client management.
- Manage own workload of general banking/wealth management work
- Pro-actively engage with the business/stakeholders
- Work within European Legal Team collaborating with colleagues across Europe on common topics, adopting the common approach and adopting best practice
- Mid to senior-level qualified lawyer with in-house financial services experience in Luxembourg OR from top tier law firm in financial services Luxembourg
- Qualified lawyer with at least 5 years’ relevant experience working in an in-house team in the private banking/wealth management sector
- Credit / Litigation / Contract management experience is preferred
- Positive, proactive and growth mindset
- Independent working, transparent, proactive approach with stakeholders
- Capable of taking on a broad scope of responsibility and delivering to conflicting deadlines
- Familiar with working independently on own initiative to manage workload and as part of a small Bank's Europe Legal team in Luxembourg with colleagues in The Netherlands, Germany and Belgium
- Capable of dealing with a variety of topics simultaneously with conflicting deadlines
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, and comfortable presenting solutions with stakeholders which are easily understood
- Fluent in English and French (business level)
Please send your CV to email@example.com to be considered for this opportunity. Your application will be treated with the utmost discretion.