Reporting directly to the Director of Financial Controls and working with a variety of internal stakeholders, mainly within the Luxembourg team, this role is internally focused, rather than working on the investments (unlike the rest of the accounting team).
Within this well-established Real Estate investor, the role offers a high degree of responsibility. You will have a very varied role; you will deal with sensitive data within a challenging and international environment.
On a monthly basis, updating the structure chart for each of the funds which involves collecting the supporting documents from the tax and legal teams with regards to new entities formed, changes of name, liquidations or other restructures. Updating the charts in Visio & making any necessary changes in the system
- Maintaining, upgrading, and monitoring our operating & accounting systems in terms of ownership and data updates, for new and existing projects.
- On a quarterly basis, ensuring that the data available in the tool gives an accurate picture of our entire debt and derivatives portfolio, using customized reporting. Performing a reconciliation with the accounting records across Funds.
Monthly Reporting & Analysis
- Preparation of the annual expenses and recharge budget for the Management Company
- Continuous management and support of budget and forecast activities through monthly analysis of the actual expenses versus budget for the management companies and other specific projects when relevant.
- Maintaining financial databases and ensure that records are up to date, including review dates and production of semi-automated reports.
- Monitoring within our accounting system the operations under process and identify potential issues
Quarterly Process – Recharge / On charges processes
- Analytically review and assess the reasonableness of monthly account balances for the management companies including and ageing review (AR and AP)
- As part of the operational model of the Luxembourg office, you will update the recharge model assumptions to be in line with the structure chart and also identify the deal complexity. Updating the structure matrix on a monthly basis.
- Following the guidelines defined by our tax advisors, on a monthly basis, you will be generating the various recharges and on charges from and between the management companies and their subsidiaries. You will be responsible for updating the accounting records.
- Conducting cash management activities linked to the accounting review based on daily reports produced by the Treasury team. Preparing wire transfers and other funding necessary to balance company’s daily cash position.
- Controlling the coherence of the bank accounts in our Treasury Platform with the interfaces within our accounting software. Identifying and checking the accuracy of the bank’s information and ensure the update of the data in both systems.
- Preparing month-end cash accounting reports cross funds, evidencing the reconciliation between our treasury platform and the accounting system using semi-automated reports
- On a quarterly basis, prepare and submit to the Treasury team for execution, the internal funds transfers linked to the quarterly recharges and on charges within the global structure.
- Acting as Payroll Administrator being responsible for payroll processes, reviewing pay computations prepared by a third party provider and ensuring that employees' salaries are paid correctly and on schedule.
- Management of employee data, ensuring the accuracy of the information required in relation to payroll processing and the requirements from our Group Insurance Provider
- Preparing and uploading the monthly payroll entries in our accounting system and providing a monthly reconciliation of the related general ledger accounts of each management companies’ statements.
- Preparing and monitoring the collection of payroll advances from the members and submit the internal fund transfers to the treasury team
- On a monthly basis, declaring the sickness leave, together with the proper backup forms and paperwork, to the CCSS and prepare the reconciliation of the declared sickness with the actual reimbursement received
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or an equivalent numerical discipline
- ACCA (or equivalent) qualified or part qualified would be ideal
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in management accounting in Luxembourg
- Exceptional organisational skills
- Exceptional attention to detail in order to produce good quality work with little need for review
- Communication skills to enable cooperative working relationships with the wider team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English (some knowledge of French would be an asset)
- Ability and desire to work to tight deadlines under pressure, without letting standards drop
- Discretion – due to the nature of some of the work which involves colleagues’ confidential pay & benefits information
- IT Software skills:
- advanced Excel skills (pivot table, dynamics sheets, lookup functions,),
- At least intermediate user of PowerPoint & Word e.g. mail merges
- Experience using Yardi Voyager or a similar application would be a definite plus
- Knowledge of Appian, SunGard, Visio would also be an asset
On occasion, an offer of employment may be subject to a verification check. In this case a potential Employer may ask you to provide documentation to support your application, this can include copies of educational achievements, international criminal record checks, reference checks, employment history etc.
Could this be the right opportunity for you? Please do not hesitate to send your CV to Valerie Potier email@example.com to be considered for this recruitment process. Your application will be treated with the utmost discretion.
We take your privacy as our utmost concern and we manage your data with highest degree of confidentiality.