Manager Financial Institutions Coverage
Reporting to: Head of Financial Institutions and Trade Finance
Client: International Bank with a strong presence in Luxembourg
- Be responsible for Financial Institutions (FI) Pre-compliance, Risk Assessments, Risk Ratings in accordance with the Banks risk appetite in line with regulatory and legal dispositions, guidelines and policies.
- Act as a point of reference and coordination for compliance, risk management and legal departments for any questions, requests and issues regarding FIs
- Responsible for monitoring and evaluating the business traffic with FI clients (i.e. respondent banks).
- Conduct regular review meetings with large FI counterparts to address any shortcomings in respect of compliance standards or expressed risk appetite, as well as, resulting from a non-respect of regulations and best market practices.
- Manage documentation and contract framework in collaboration with internal stakeholders to facilitate smooth-running business activity and guarantee legal and regulatory excellence (i.e. AML questionnaire, correspondent banking contracts …)
- Assist the Head of Department in mapping-out, pre-screening and analyzing new prospective FI counterparties, needed to be approached to cope with the growing business in various segments.
- Assist in the preparation, negotiation and execution of agreements, necessary to enter into business activities with FIs (i.e. NDA, ISDA/CSA, GMRA, etc).
- Set up and maintain an efficient FI counterparties relationship management database.
- Maintain FI industry data through ongoing research, the tracking of key economic indicators and rating indices, as well as the research for industry commentaries and reports.
- Perform regular reviews of FI related data and preparation of the FI files for Internal and External Audits
- University degree in; Business Administration, Economics, Management or similar.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar position, preferably within one of the Big Four audit companies or within the compliance and/or risk management department.
- Excellent business analytical skills
- Outstanding knowledge of the banking industry focused on FIs.
- Demonstrated professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines while maintaining attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong understanding of applicable rules and regulations.
- Fluent in English written and spoken, French and any other language is an asset.
- PC literacy (Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
To apply for this position, please send your CV to email@example.com Your application will be treated with the utmost discretion.