Senior Tax Compliance Officer (Private Bank)
A leading Private Bank is looking to reinforce its Luxembourg Compliance team.
Position reporting to Chief Compliance Officer.
- Tax Compliance, monitoring, analyzing and updating regulatory changes in FATCA, CRS, QI, DAC6
- Tax aspects of structures and last regulatory changes
- In charge of local and regional tax related projects
- Ensuring that internal tax procedures and processes are compliant with the national and international tax regulations
- Analyzing and evaluating potential risk situations for the bank in respect of tax related topics and providing recommendations
- Transmission of the relevant tax reports (e.g. CRS, FATCA, QI, DAC6) to the competent tax authorities
- Review of clients’ tax documentation at account opening and ad-hoc
- Preparing and conducting internal training for other departments
- Performing internal controls and define improvement measures
- Advising and supporting on complex tasks/questions and interacting with a variety of departments and/or with group entities.
- Follow and coordinate sharing of all instructions given by the Regulator - CSSF
- Prepare and present regular management reporting in the area of tax compliance and regulations
- Keep familiar with Compliance: Market Abuse, Transaction processing, KYC/AML, MiFID II, Regulatory Compliance, customer on boarding
- 5 -7 + years' of experience in Tax compliance with strong knowledge of banking as well as of national and International Tax regulation
- Knowledge of national and the EU banking regulatory environment and AML/KYC requirements
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Law, Finance or Business Administration with a focus on Tax
- Excellent, social analytical and communication skills – team collaboration focus and service to stakeholders
- A reliable team member as well as a valued advisor to other departments with a proactive and positive attitude
- Combining a client-oriented approach and ensuring compliance with legal and regulatory requirements
- Advanced understanding of Corporate Governance
- High-risk awareness and high sense of responsibility
- Strong motivation for "on-the-job-training" in the relevant areas
- Fluency in English is a must, French and any other languages are considered as an advantage
To be considered for this opportunity, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org Your application will be treated with the utmost discretion.