Senior Associate, Reporting and Consolidation: Real Estate
You will join a global and leading real estate business knows what it takes to lead an industry. You will be a high achiever with in-depth knowledge of real estate.
The objective of the role is assuring preparation of high quality financial reporting and information for an open ended European Real Estate Fund.
You will use your expert group reporting skills including combinations, consolidations and investment company accounting on a brand new investment vehicle. If you are ambitious, like to be challenged and continue to learn and develop, this is a great opportunity for you.
Financial Accounting & Reporting
- Assist in preparation of all of Group statutory and contractual financial reporting obligations including drafting of annual and semi-annual primary financial statements and notes to financial statements prepared under IFRS and/or Lux GAAP;
- Prepare quarterly consolidations / combinations for the Group’s diverse investment portfolio, domiciled across Europe in regulated and unregulated vehicles;
- Support internal and external finance teams with intra-GAAP conversions, purchase price allocation entries and other material transactional activity;
- Assist with the preparation of IFRS and/or Lux GAAP consolidated and/or stand-alone financial statements (or other basis of accounting) for the Luxembourg domiciled holding companies;
- Facilitate timely and accurate monthly and quarterly closes and review of accounting records;
- Assist with the Group and local audits,
- Liaising with tax and legal consultants;
- Preparation of quarterly board slides.
Financial Planning and Analysis
- Maintain and improve existing models and metrics, while developing and introducing new analytical frameworks that enhance insight, efficiency and decision-making speed;
- Forge close relationships with business leaders and departmental heads to become a trusted advisor who highlights risks, spots opportunities, builds simulations and sensitivity analyses, and suggests solutions that create value for stakeholders;
- Provide accurate, timely, and actionable financial reporting and key business metrics to operating teams, company leadership, and other groups as necessary;
- Collaborate with functional departments across the company to build and/or enhance reporting needs as necessary;
- 5+ years’ experience of financial reporting in accordance with a major accounting framework (IFRS, US GAAP);
- Experience with financial modeling, forecasting, and budgeting at a real estate investor or for a real estate advisor;
- Solid understanding of main real estate and investment management metrics;
- Strong group reporting skills including combinations, consolidations and investment company accounting.
- Strong familiarity with major European GAAPs (Luxembourg, German, French, UK, etc.) and GAAP to GAAP differences;
- Solid understanding of fund, property and SPV accounting;
- Strong understanding in P&L, balance sheet and cash flow dynamics, and fluency in general accounting principles and rules;
- Fluent in English - any other major European languages are an advantage;
- Professional accounting qualification;
- Ability to thrive in a growth environment, adapt to changing circumstances and work autonomously;
- Excellent organisational and project management skills;
- Able to prioritise on a daily basis and managing several competing deadlines;
- A self-starter who is able to prioritize and manage multiple assignments, take initiative, and work independently;
- Passionate about the data business;
- An analytical, creative thinker who can focus on the details without losing sight of the big picture.
Could this be the right opportunity for you? Please do not hesitate to send your CV to Agnieszka Parisse firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for this recruitment process. Your application will be treated with the utmost discretion.
We take your privacy as our utmost concern and we manage your data with highest degree of confidentiality.