Our client is a privately-owned global investment group headquartered in Luxembourg. For their growing activity, our client seeks to find a dynamic (6-9 years) and ambitious, bright and highly qualified Finance Manager for their Head Office in Luxembourg. In this role you will be part of effectively managing the finance, accounting and reporting functions of the Head Office.
Must have for the role:
- ACCA qualification (or equivalent qualification in IFRS) with very strong IFRS skills are a MUST (applications without will not be considered)
- Big 4 audit experience, preferably to Manager level (PE and / or industrial companies) before having gained inhouse experience
- Consolidation experience
- Strong grasp of IFRS (must), Lux GAAP (strong asset) and UK GAAP (nice to have) to prepare and review financial statements
- Highly organised way of working with an eye for detail
- Independent and proactive in finding solutions to issues encountered
- Able to integrate well within a small team of international people and be a team player
- Motivated to improve processes and optimise deliverables to be in line with best practice for an international company
Responsibilities of the Finance Manager:
The responsibilities and duties represent tasks of the Finance Department and are allocated between team members depending on the workload:
- Overseeing the day to day finance operations of the Head Office, including, but not limited to contracting, invoicing, making payments, cost allocation, payroll (UK and Luxembourg), potential hedging of the costs and other treasury functions;
- Accounting and reporting such as overseeing and reviewing the accounting records (performed by internal / external accounting team), review of the quarterly reporting packs in accordance with the Group templates, review of standalone financial statements (Lux GAAP, UK GAAP), review of tax returns (with assistance of Tax Manager). Supervision of inhouse accounting team;
- Preparation / assistance with preparation of group consolidations in accordance with IFRS on a quarterly basis. Preparation / assistance with preparation of the full set of the group financial statements in accordance with IFRS. External audit liaison.
- Review of valuation models / memos prepared by Business Units;
- Financial planning and budgeting functions, such as preparation of annual budget;
- Group transaction support for funds flows on deals;
- Develop and manage internal and external relationships with key stakeholders
The successful candidate will report to the Group Financial Controller.
Technical competencies will be tested.
Could this be the right opportunity for you? Please do not hesitate to send your CV to David Kitzinger email@example.com to be considered for this recruitment process. Your application will be treated with the utmost discretion.