AML / Compliance Officer – Private Equity
Our client is a global alternative investments fund manager focusing exclusively on Private Equity.
There is a small growing team in Luxembourg, which deals with investments across the globe. Their offices are ideally located in the city center and offer a parking space. The work environment is international, friendly, dynamic and flexible.
Anderson Wise are looking for an AML expert who will focus on the transactional part of the investments. This person should have a prior experience in AML/Compliance in the private equity sector / alternative funds, a curious mind, a problem-solving approach and a stable professional background. Strong communication skills are required, as well as the ability to build a network within the group. Fluency in English is a must, whereas the knowledge of Spanish or Portguese could be an asset.
The AML / Compliance Officer will work directly with the Conducting Officer Compliance / MLRO on AML/KYC Due Diligence and other compliance-related topics.
S/he will focus on AML/Compliance on the transaction/deal side. The Investors‘ compliance is dealt with by an external provider.
AML / KYC (which will represent approx. 75% of the time):
- Perform initial and ongoing AML/KYC Due Diligence on counterparties in relation to the transactions (investments, add-on acquisitions and exits) made by the AIFs, as well as ongoing transaction monitoring
- Conduct initial and ongoing AML/KYC Due Diligence on service providers and delegates
- Handling of inbound AML/KYC queries & preparing AML letters as necessary
- Prepare AML/KYC Due Diligence packages on investors during fund raising and in relation to transfers of fund interests
- Assist with the initial and ongoing AML risk assessments of the AIFs and the preparation of management reports
- Apply procedures to meet AML/KYC obligations and ensure proper documentation in compliance with local regulations and group policies
- Work closely with other teams across the group on AML/KYC matters
- Perform initial and ongoing World Check screening / sanction screening
- Participate in ad-hoc AML/KYC-related projects
Compliance (the remaining 25% of the time):
- Coordinate the AIFMD significant holdings notifications process for transactions (investments and exits) with internal and external stakeholders
- Work with the Compliance Officer on the monitoring of delegated activities, especially with regard to the delegated Transfer Agent activities
- Participate to ad-hoc compliance-related projects
- Approximately 3 years of relevant Luxembourg AML work experience, ideally with exposure to Private Equity / Alternative Assets
- Familiarity and experience with WorldCheck and MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word and Power Point)
- Fluent English speaker, additional languages welcome (Spanish, Portuguese, any other language welcome)
- Good listening skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to build relationships across the business, operating with all levels of management
- Team player with a positive attitude, able to build effective working relationships
- Highly organized, with good personal time management
- Dependable and discreet
- Ability to deliver high quality work, on time, each time
- Ability to work autonomously on own tasks, whilst working in a team environment
- Ability to work under pressure with flexibility to adapt to shifting expectations
Could this be the right opportunity for you? Please do not hesitate to send your CV to Aude François email@example.com to be considered for this recruitment process. Your application will be treated with the utmost discretion.
We take your privacy as our utmost concern and we manage your data with highest degree of confidentiality.