Our client, a solid and leading Swiss Asset Management firm seeks to find a senior and well-experienced Head of Risk Management / Conducting Officer (liquid assets only) for their Luxembourg office.
- Risk Monitoring
- Define and ensure the compliance with the risk management framework (risk management policy) as well as with laws and regulations
- Conduct forward-looking risk management for investment funds, including definition of risk profiles and regular monitoring of all risk exposures
- Ensure that implementation of investment controls is in line with prospectus & regulations, participate in pre-trade eligibility process and act as point of escalation for investment restriction topics
- Monitor breach handling process
- Provide risk and governance driven input for product definition and changes
- Support risk monitoring of branches
- Own the Risk Management Procedure documentation
- Collaborate as required with the wider Risk Team, as well as other teams in CH and other locations, including Investment Control and Product.
- Monitor, manage and improve service provider’s risk-relevant service quality and offering. Ensure delivery of accurate and timely risk data (4Cs reports, Value-at-Risk and other reports)
- As part of the Executive Management team, contribute to the overall strategy, structure and development of the Management Company
- Collaborate actively and positively with the Management team and take ownership of the risk related activities
- Reporting to Management Company and Fund Boards as well as to Executive Committee and other relevant Committees.
- Team Management
- Industry experience: at least 10 years’ experience of funds and investment risk management preferably in a global asset management firm (liquid assets)
- Previous Conducting Officer experience
- Funds knowledge: expert-level (based on hands-on experience) of all aspects of fund operations (TA, accounting, administration, valuation, distribution) and of investor types (institutional, retail) and service-providers (TAs, custodians, administrators)
- Regulatory knowledge: experience of the Luxembourg regulatory framework for investment managers (UCITS, AIFMD etc). Additionally knowledge of Swiss, UK, Irish and US collective investments would be an advantage
- Risk or finance-relevant education: a degree in economics, finance, statistics, science or engineering. A CFA, FRM or other industry qualification would be an advantage
- Asset class and financial instrument knowledge: a good cross-asset class understanding, including that of the risks and pricing of derivative instruments
- Excellent communication: be able to communicate effectively at all levels, with both internal and external stakeholders (including investors, board members and regulators)
- Ability to work closely with colleagues in the CH-based Risk team, as well as colleagues in other teams and locations
- Ability to work independently and be effective in leading a collaborative effort
- Be motivated be a desire to solve problems, taking the initiative to obtain the required information where necessary, innovating where appropriate and following issues through to resolution or hand-over to suitable responsible parties
- Languages: fluent written and spoken communication in English, with German and French in addition being an advantage.
Could this be the right opportunity for you? Please do not hesitate to send your CV to David Kitzinger firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for this recruitment process. Your application will be treated with the utmost discretion.